The small things really help, and we are always on the lookout for bits and pieces, odds and ends, such as:
- Postage Stamps (Canada or U.S. regular)
- Steel Wool
- Liquid high efficiency unscented (HE) laundry detergent (we have a front loading washing machine)
- Coffee (for our great volunteers)
- Canadian Tire Money (so we can buy the things we need)
- Javex bleach
- A freezer (less than 10 years old)
- Locking lateral filing cabinets – 2 or 3 high
- From Costco:
Cobra CXT545 GMRS-FRS 2 way radios set of 2 for $95. Waterproof. We need 3 sets for volunteer dispatch on the property.
Other ways to help:
- You can donate Quality Foods points to MARS. Just ask at the checkout and specify Mountainaire Avian Rescue Society.
- The Courtenay Return Centre at 493 Puntledge Road, Courtenay also has a number on file for us so that any returns can be credited to an account for MARS (#135)